1. Butterflies cannot fly if their body temperature is less than 86 degrees.
2. Neurons multiply at a rate of 250,000 neurons per minute during early pregnancy.
3. Elephants have the longest pregnancy in the animal kingdom at 22 months.
4. The longest human pregnancy on record is 17 months, 11 days.
5. A female oyster produces 100 million young in her lifetime, the typical hen lays 19 dozen eggs a year, & it is possible for one female cat to be responsible for the birth of 20736 kittens in 4 yrs
6. Michelle Duggar holds the record for the largest human family, having given birth to 17 children.
7. The human brain is about 75% water.
8. 750 ml of blood pumps through your brain every minute, which is 15-20% of blood that flows from the heart.
9. Flies jump backward during take-off.
10. Dragonflies are capable of flying sixty miles per hour, making them one of the fastest insects.
11. This is good since they are in a big hurry, as they only live about twenty-four hours.
12. A housefly will regurgitate its food and eat it again.
13. Termites outweigh humans by almost ten to one.
14. A spider’s web is not a home, but rather a trap for its food.
15. They are as individual as snowflakes, with no two ever being the same.
16. Some tropical spiders have built webs over eighteen feet across.
17. More people are afraid of spiders than death.
18. Amazingly, few people are afraid of Champagne corks even though you are more likely to be killed by one than by a spider.
19. Your brain consumes 25 watts of power while you are awake.
20. This amount of energy is enough to illuminate a lightbulb.
21. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
22. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
23. In every episode of Seinfeld, there is a Superman somewhere.
24. Possums have one of the shortest pregnancies at 16 days.
25. The most poisonous spider is the black widow.
26. The shortest human pregnancy to produce a healthy baby was 22 weeks, 6 days — the baby was the length of a ballpoint pen.
27. Its venom is more potent than a rattlesnake’s.
28. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
29. 13% of Americans actually believe that some parts of the moon are made of cheese.
30. The world’s youngest parents were eight and nine and lived in China in 1910.
31. Fish that live more than 800 meters below the ocean surface do not have eyes.
32. Butterflies range in size from a tiny 1/8 inch to a huge almost 12 inches.
33. Some Case Moth caterpillars (Psychidae) build a case around themselves that they always carry with them.
34. Made of silk & pieces of plants or soil.
35. Most household dust is made of dead skin cells
36. 1 in 8 million people has progeria, a disease that causes people to grow faster than they age
37. The male seahorse carries the eggs until they hatch instead of the female.
38. Negative emotions such as anxiety and depression can weaken your immune system.
39. Stephen Hawking was born exactly 300 years after Galileo died.
40. Mercury is the only planet whose orbit is coplanar with its equator.
41. The Morgan’s Sphinx Moth from Madagascar has a proboscis (tube mouth) that is 12 to 14 inches long to get the nectar from the bottom of a 12-inch deep orchid discovered by Charles Darwin.
42. Some moths never eat anything like adults because they do not have mouths.
43. They must live on the energy they stored as caterpillars.
44. In 1958, Entomologist W.G. Bruce published a list of Arthropod references in the Bible.
45. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
46. People eat insects – called “Entomophagy”(people eating bugs) – it has been practiced for centuries throughout Africa, Australia, Asia, the Middle East, and North, Central, and South America.
47. Why? Because many bugs are both protein-rich and good sources of vitamins, minerals, and fats.
48. Go on and try it then.
49. Ramses brand condom is named after the great pharaoh Ramses II who fathered over 160 children.
50. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
51. The average chocolate bar has eight insects’ legs in it.
52. The Beetham Tower cost over £150 million to build.
53. The Beetham Tower has 47 floors.
54. In York, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow (except on Sundays) No piece of square dry paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
55. The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
56. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
57“Stewardesses” is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
58. An average human loses about 200 head hairs per day.
59. Mexico City sinks about 10 inches a year.
60. In France, a five-year-old child can buy an alcoholic drink in a bar During the chariot scene in “Ben Hur,” a small red car can be seen in the distance.
61. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
62. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.