Lizzo Biography-Weight, Height, Boyfriend
Father, Mother, Relationships, Net Worth, Controversies, Movies, TV Shows, Songs, Truth hurt
The American songwriter
The American songwriter & rapper Lizzo is one of the most popular artists in the country. She has earned several accolades & is known for spreading the word for body positivity, feminism, self-love.
Lizzo became a household name with more than 5 billion streams across the globe. Her persona defines a sense of empowerment. However, Lizzo’s recently released song “Grrrls”,
Lizzo had to face a backlash as it earlier mentioned an “ableist slur”. Being a responsible and aware artist, Lizzo eventually changed the lyrics for the song and made her stance clear.
Let us go through this article to know more about Lizzo’s journey as a star. We are going to talk about her personal and professional lives in detail. Read the article to know more.
Michael Shari Johnson-Jefferson
Mikey , Vanessa Jefferson
Date of birth
April 27, 1988
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper
Detroit, Michigan, United State
Alef Elsie High School
Batches and Cookies (2013)
three Grammy Awards .
S. O. income
USD 12 Million
Controversie Backlash for her song “Grrrls”
Birth and Early Life Detail
– The real name of Lizzo is Melissa Viviane Jefferson. – She was born in Michigan on 27 April 1988.
– Her father’s name was Michael Jefferson. He died when Lizzo was 21.
– Her mother’s name is Shari Johnson-Jefferson.
Her family shifted to Houston, Texas when she was 10.
Her music teacher Claudia Momen trained her as a flutist.
As a student, she was a part of her school’s marching band where she played piccolo.
– Her stay in Minneapolis, She was a part of a few hip-hop groups. She started her career performing for a local audience.
– Later she formed one all-female rap group named The Chalice.
Chalice’s first album “We are the Chalice” was a success.
In 2013, She released her first album ” Lizzo bangers”.
Her works such as “Boy Trouble”, “Good as Hell”, “Coconut Oil”, &
She went on to become the third female rapper who attained the first position with no featured musician. the first black female singer to reach the first position since ‘Diamonds’ by Rihanna in 2012.
– In 2019, She tried her hands at the arena of acting, as she gave a voice to one of the characters in the film UglyDolls.
– She has also been featured in the comedy-drama film Hustlers.
Awards and Nominations
She has been widely acknowledged for her contribution to the field of music. She has been honored with three Grammy Awards that got her the spotlight.
Moreover, she has got eleven nominations for the 2020 Billboard Music Awards. Let us have a look at some of her major victories.
Grammy Awards for Best Pop Solo Performance
NAACP Image Award for Entertainer of the
Grammy Awards for Best Progressive R&B Album
Soul Train Music Award for Video of the
Billboard Music Award for Top Song Sales Artist
The estimated net worth is
She has made money out mostly of music, acting, and being a social media influencer.
She has ensured a luxurious lifestyle for herself with a body of her successful works. P
include a mansion in California as well
Source of Wealth
By wearing a butt-baring shirt at a game in 2019.
– The recent controversies of her include the backlash that she faced for her song “Grrrls” as it featured an ableist slur.
Amazing Facts about Lizzo
– She started loving herself after she crossed the age of 21.
– Once she opted for a vow pertaining to three months’ silence.
– She was once homeless.
Amazing Facts about Lizzo
– Not up to the mark performance of her song “Truth Hurts” made her think about quitting the music.
She is one of the most confident artists that the world has witnessed.
Known for her sass and stance on self-love. Though body shaming and backlash have been a part of her journey to stardom, fortunate enough to do away with these roadblocks through her roaring success.